Two mass shootings in 12 hours guarantees that we will all be talking about guns for the next 12 weeks, at least.
The fact that one of those shootings was apparently carried out by a man who targeted Mexicans means we will also be talking about immigration and white supremacy for the next 12 weeks, and since this is a presidential election season, for the next 12 months and beyond.
And of course we will be talking about gun laws, gun restriction and gun confiscation. You know the left will seize on the murders to talk about how to limit Americans’ access to guns despite the fact that the Second Amendment of the Constitution says specifically that the right of the people to keep and bear arms “shall not be infringed.”
Many fewer people will ask what deeper conditions in America cause our young people to pick up guns and shoot innocent people. They will instead look for scapegoats like President Trump and say that he’s to blame for the shootings. They will say that he created the environment to make some people hate other people. Those of us who are supporters of President Trump know that is nonsense, but we need to be prepared for him and us to be scapegoats. People always look for the easiest answer in a tragedy, and in this case the two easiest answers are “guns” and “white people.”
At the risk of being called names, I’m going to suggest that there might be deeper explanations for the rise in mass murder that have nothing to do with President Trump. Here are five off the top of my head, and leftists will not want to talk about any of them.
- Video Game Violence: We have raised several generations of Americans to think it is OK to spend several hours each day building up their body count by playing games such as Fortnite where the goal is to kill as many people as possible. It should be noted that the “World Cup” championship just took place in the Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City and paid the winner $3 million. We have glorified killing through video games to an extent impossible to even conceive of a hundred years ago. If we are going to mess with the Constitution, we should take away the right to play sick violent games.
- We Took God Out of the Schools: You reap what you sow, and the American government has sown the seeds of aimlessness and hopelessness among our young people for more than 50 years by telling them that God has no place in the public square. In fact, our only hope to remain a healthy society is to put God at the center of it.
- We Took Civics Out of the Schools: We have encouraged generations of Americans to only care about what education can do for them — how they can use it as a steppingstone to a better job and a bigger pay check. In healthy societies, education is the glue of society as the wisdom of one generation is passed to the next about how to be a responsible citizen. Now, schools are places where children are taught that they live in a sick society, and that their parents failed them.
- Come To Think Of It, Their Parents Really Did Fail Them: In too many families, children make the decisions and parents merely rubber stamp them. Morality has to come from above, not from below.
- Abortion: If you want children to value life, you should first value children. Our society has killed more than 60 million children in the womb since the early 1970s when the government sanctioned abortion as a morally acceptable act of murder.
Bottom line: A sick society produces sick people. If you want to know why we have raised a generation of people who don’t value life and don’t appreciate the gift of life, you can start there. Or you can blame guns.
Frank Miele writes from Kalispell, Montana, at www.HeartlandDiaryUSA.com and is a columnist at Real Clear Politics. My new book is “The Media Matrix: What If Everything You Know Is Fake.” To support my work, please consider buying “The Media Matrix” or my “Why We Needed Trump” trilogy, which documents the downward spiral of the USA before Trump arrived on the scene. The books are available at Amazon in paperback or Kindle editions. Go here for a free sample:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/sitb/B07PDQBJM4
9 Replies to “A sick society produces sick people; don’t blame guns”
Best summary of this problem!
Wake Up. These shootings have all the markings of False Flags calculated to cast shadows on President Trump’s Presidency. @lynnrose789
How do we know if these people are actors or not? Actors thinking they are just part of a staged incident? The “shooter” thinking there’s blanks in the gun until he realizes (or not) it’s real. https://www.humandomainsolutions.us/apply/?fbclid=IwAR3wRpCrfiE5CV1p2r44jq4O_PBmx5FYUdbrU9hZI9jSPsahRctBNGaQDVs
And then there’s this: School Shootings in America | Violence and Prescription Drugs
Fact..No conspiracy necessary. .Re> violent video games
For what its worth ..from ‘real life’
In the recent past , I completed an investigation of a local fellow in an ongoing dispute with his older/alone neighbor lady…
As he is an avowed follower of violent video games I did much research in that direction…
His common conversational wording and threats to this lady are lines from these videos..
He also uses lines from some very violent popular movies …
“Big Screen Videos ” ??..His email address is from one of the most violent video games out there ..That was confirmed by various Psychology Professionals. and Controlled Studies ..
He is ,most likely, a member of a local/national ‘militia ( educated presumption)
Even limited investigation reveals violent video games to be enlightening and frightening.
My report went to my client (donated time and effort) to her atty and some Judge.
The guy is free,legally (??) armed and former military…..
I am in the confidential info.biz….
SOoooo that ends that story.. you nailed it RE video games .
Dangerous to kids,.kid like adults and the rest of us ……..
In my 80years, I have known and know many weapon carriers..
They havnt shot anyone………..
A great, breaking article on America’s addiction to guns…..what strict gun control looks like in Australia …..& how New Zealand speedily dealt with the problem
after the attack on its mosques recently. For the sake of our kids and grandkids……..LET”S BREAK OUT OF THE EXTREME, PATRIOT BUBBLE and GET REAL!!
1.Video games do not cause violence as they are all around the world and yet the Unites States is the only place where this happens. So drop that issue as it’s been researched for thousands of hours.
2. Good, separation of church and state. Better stay that way, go to a private institution if you want a religious education. Many, many other faiths out there.
3 and 4. Ehhh most of the time these kids have been bullied, have had past issues, so the issue is these kids past and actions against them in the past. Could be a mental health issue.
5. No way is abortion is the same as mass murder. Yet again, it’s a womans body.
In conclusion, get out of the 1960’s.
Obviously video games do not cause violence, but they inure people to violence. If you happen to be a sick person and you are insured to violence you are more likely to pick up a gun and kill people. Remember, the US has always had more guns than other countries, but we have not always had an epidemic of mass shootings. What caused the change in the last 30 years? It’s not the guns; it’s the people.
To have a solution to this issue we must deal with facts and not fantasy.
1. Video Games. In all other developed countries kids and adults play the same videogames and/or watch violent movies and porn like in the USA and in some places like Japan even more. Unfortunately the USA is the only country with extended gun/firearms ownership and the only one with that incredible rate of mass shootings, gun violence and suicides. Numbers don’t lie and in your comment you are not citing one single fact or study to support your argument.
2. Taken God out of school. We could argue that a God that created us and this universe shouldn’t need permission to get in a school. The USA is the most religious country among developed countries YET the only one with this level of mass shootings and gun related deaths. Look at Scandinavian countries that are almost 100% atheist, have strict gun laws, have no gun violence and consistently rank among the happiest in the world.
3. Civic out of schools. Yes can agree to that and I would go further to advocate for better and more available higher education including college. All other major developed countries have free or very affordable high quality education including Universities (they just don’t waste money in violent sports like football and have nothing to do with education).
4. Parents failed kids. Agree but you need to explain how middle class americans can afford to spend time at home with their kids when they have the lowest wages, most expensive healthcare, most expensive education and their jobs constantly threatened. Most families need both parents to work multiple jobs to survive. You must decide whether you want uncontrolled capitalism or you would rather save families by having some safeguards and better more humane capitalism. You can’t have both. Again many developed capitalistic countries have free economies but some safety nets and affordable access to healthcare and education.
5. Abortion. Not sure what the logic linking abortion to a mass shooter that kills anyone with an automatic weapon. Will not argue pro or against abortion but will note that all other countries with no guns and no mass shootings/gun deaths abortion is legal and accessible.
You mention the 2nd amendment and you conveniently mention only parts of it out of context. Reality is that the amendment can be interpreted in many ways and unfortunately the interpretations are more an exercise to fit some political and economic agenda.
Regarding the past I would remind you that the USA has always had man more deaths by guns than any ther developed country, now of course it is getting worst because weapon technology and availability has changed and of course society has changed, including the media.
I would remind you that ALL developed countries we compare to are as free, democratic and free markets as the US. And last a question for you: what is so important for you to worship and accept any bloodbath in the name of a metal object that has only the function to kill and hurt other living beings.
Why not say that in the name of your country and people lives you can give up your guns because it is the right thing to do. And if you are concerned that without a gun you will not be able to save the country from dictatorship I would remind you that the US military can kill you without you ever manage to get your gun in your hands and that vote and this blog is your best weapon.